Embarking on the learning adventure of a new healthy diet is the important first step towards understanding your body's health and nutritional requirements. The Whole Approach®.com website is designed to support and inspire you on your journey toward the diet and lifestyle strategy that suits your individual needs. Just as each of us has a unique personality, health history, health challenges, and biochemical make up, we also have unique dietary needs. The information found on these diet pages will be invaluable to you both as a starting point as well as an ongoing reference.
The primary goal of an effective candida diet is to support healing and detoxification through a nutritionally-balanced diet that is low in carbohydrates. The ideal diet for CRC recovery reduces or eliminates hard-to-digest foods that stress the digestive system as well as allergens and toxins that suppress the immune and nervous systems.
In the page links on the right, WholeApproach® will address some of the more significant diet theories and considerations in order to help you put together a plan that fits your immediate needs while providing the tools to help you tailor your nutrition plan as you recover.
Lifestyle considerations that will enhance your treatment program:
- Take control of your diet by preparing most of your food yourself.
- Eat nutrient-rich, organic, minimally-processed whole foods.
- Optimize your intake of essential-fatty-acid rich food sources through the use of healing fats and oils.
- Eat a wide variety of foods, preferably by following the four-day rotation diet.
- Drink plenty of purified water. Drink half your body weight in ounces (for example if you weigh 140 lbs, you should drink at least 70 ounces of water). Whether you have city water or well water, consider investing in a water purification system (i.e. reverse osmosis) or buy high quality purified water that is stored in non-porous plastic or glass.
- Drug use, alcohol consumption and smoking lower your immunity - so avoid them.
- Exercise regularly, allow adequate time for sleep. Develop effective stress management and relaxation skills to help combat both physical and emotional stress.
- Avoid unnecessary use of antibiotics, steroid drugs and birth control pills when possible since they promote the overgrowth of candida.