by T L Cornish, CNP
In the 27 years that WholeApproach has been representing the Attogram products, a significant percentage of our customers has innocently asked the question; Is it important to watch my diet while I am treating Candida? The answer to that question is: YES! We realize that there are products on the market that promise a candida cure without having to change a thing; not all that different from the diet pills that promise weight loss without changing eating and exercise habits. Without making the necessary dietary changes, success, if any, is limited and short-lived. Feeding the yeast over-growth as you are trying to reduce the population will keep you from reaching your treatment goals and may assist the yeast organisms in developing resistance to treatment.
In order to provide some assistance and guidance in this area, we have developed the WholeApproach Candida Diet. Tarilee Cornish, Certified Nutritional Consultant (with nearly 20 years experience in the CRC field) together with WholeApproach, lovingly prepared the WholeApproach Candida Diet pages on our web site with the knowledge that our customers have individual dietary needs. Our Diet plan was intended to give you the tools to tailor your healthy eating plan to your unique needs. The following is a brief introduction to our diet philosophy and the topics below are more fully described on our web site.
Embarking on the learning adventure of a new healthy diet is the important first step towards understanding your body’s health and nutritional requirements. The Whole Approach.com website is designed to support and inspire you on your journey toward the diet and lifestyle strategy that suits your individual needs. Just as each of us has a unique personality, health history, health challenges, and biochemical make up, we also have unique dietary needs. The information found on these diet pages will be invaluable to you both as a starting point as well as an ongoing reference.
The primary goal of an effective candida diet is to support healing and detoxification through a nutritionally-balanced diet that is low in carbohydrates. The ideal diet for CRC recovery reduces or eliminates hard-to-digest foods that stress the digestive system as well as allergens and toxins that suppress the immune and nervous systems.
In the Diet section of this website, WholeApproach will address some of the more significant diet theories and considerations in order to help you put together a plan that fits your immediate needs while providing the tools to help you tailor your nutrition plan as you recover.
Lifestyle considerations that will enhance your treatment program:
- Take control of your diet by preparing most of your food yourself.
- Eat nutrient-rich, organic, minimally-processed whole foods.
- Optimize your intake of essential-fatty-acid rich food sources through the use of healing fats and oils.
- Eat a wide variety of foods, preferably by following the four-day rotation diet.
- Drink plenty of purified water. Drink half your body weight in ounces (for example if you weigh 140 lbs, you should drink at least 70 ounces of water). Whether you have city water or well water, consider investing in a water purification system (i.e. reverse osmosis) or buy high quality purified water that is stored in non-porous plastic or glass.
- Drug use, alcohol consumption and smoking lower your immunity – so avoid them.
- Exercise regularly, allow adequate time for sleep. Develop effective stress management and relaxation skills to help combat both physical and emotional stress.
- Avoid unnecessary use of antibiotics, steroid drugs and birth control pills when possible since they promote the overgrowth of candida.
The WholeApproach Candida Diet provides nutritional support to increase the effectiveness of the WholeApproach Program of natural anti-fungal products. Please visit the WholeApproach Diet section of our web site for more information and make sure you download the FREE color-coded Candida Diet Food Lists.
By this point, a few of you may be scratching your heads and feeling a bit overwhelmed. Don’t be discouraged or intimidated! It’s more important to start with the intention of developing your own set of healthy eating guidelines. Start small! Meal by meal, day by day, over time healthy eating will become part of your lifestyle. As you begin to feel better, your food choices will become easier.
The WholeApproach Candida Diet and the WholeApproach Forum are two of the most comprehensive candida support resources on the web. They were developed specifically to help all candida sufferers on their journey to recovery. Happy Reading!
Please Note: All Candida diet questions can be directed to Tarilee Cornish, Certified Nutritional Consultant, on the WholeApproach Support Forums. Tarilee answers diet/program/product related questions in the mornings, Monday and Thursday. The WholeApproach Candida Support Forums contain nearly 14 years of Q & A, searchable by keyword or phrase, and is hosted by experienced and knowledgeable moderators.
Recipes for Recovery PDF Download is now available in our store!
* Over 480 Recipes submitted by Support Forum Members from around the world
* Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Yeast-Free, Dairy-Free and Raw Food Recipes
* Easy Ideas for Healthy Breakfasts, Travel Lunches, Desserts and Breads
* Substitutions for special diet considerations
* Divided in easy-to-use sections and fully indexed